Get Involved. Research has repeatedly shown that children succeed
academically, socially and emotionally and become more well-rounded and balanced individuals if their parents are involved
in their education and school activities.
Getting involved also sends the message to children that parents are genuinely interested
in their education, and that going to school is a positive, valuable cause.
Berwyn C.A.R.E.S. offers the following ten suggestions to help parents get
involved in their child's education:
- Sign up for the Berwyn C.A.R.E.S. mailing list
- Meet your child's teachers and school administration
- Attend your school district's board meetings
- Join C.A.R.E.S. and help promote our efforts to improve our schools
to your child for at least 20 minutes each day
- Check your child's
- Volunteer at school and Berwyn C.A.R.E.S. events
- Ask your child 'How was school today?'
TV viewing on school nights
- Read research and articles posted on this page and on the Berwyn C.A.R.E.S. Blog